Over the past year, Kancelaria SWS provided legal services to the Ordering Party – Head of the Maritime Office in Szczecin, during the development stage of the investment project titled “Improving infrastructure in the small ports of Mrzeżyno, Niechorze, Lubin, Trzebież”.
The investment project provided for the following tasks:
- Reconstruction of the South Wharf in the Fishing Basin of the Sea Port Lubin,
- Reconstruction of the East and West Breakwater, including the reinforcement of the eastern shoreline in Mrzeżyno,
- Extension of the fishing mole No. 1 in Niechorze, including the removal of a dolphin,
- Reconstruction of the Fisheries Parking Quay in Basin No. 1 and the Fisheries Parking Quay in Basin No. 2 in Trzebież.
Under the contract for services, lawyers from Kancelaria SWS drafted the documents necessary to carry out public procurement proceedings aimed at selecting Contractors under the Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering works designed by the Employer (FIDIC Red Book) and the Contract Engineer for the Project, and also exercised legal supervision over all the activities undertaken within the framework of the contract award procedure.
Our legal services resulted in:
- 3 efficient and effective contract award procedures concluded with the choice of the best tender
- 1 procedure before the National Appeal Chamber (upon two appeals brought) concluded in favour of the Client of Kancelaria SWS – with the appeals dismissed in their entirety
- 1 contract made with the Contract Engineer worth in excess of PLN 2M gross
- 4 FIDIC Contracts made with the Contractors with a combined worth in excess of PLN 35M gross